Gary Vaynerchuck has risen to fame in the business, social media and entrepreneurial community because of his honest yet caring attitude. He has inspired millions through his books, videos and speeches.
In 2006, Gary Vaynerchuck turned his father’s liquor store around after launching Wine Library TV. He connected with an audience with his ability to entertain and educate. Business boomed. He has since become a New York Times best-selling author, and together with his brother founded the digital agency VaynerMedia.
If you would like to know more about Gary Vaynerchuck, check out his personal blog, watch his videos and subscribe to the #AskGaryVee Show podcast!
Inspirational Gary Vaynerchuk Quotes
Check out this list of 37 great Gary Vaynerchuk quotes to fill you with wisdom and get your week off to a great start.
1. “Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
2. “You have to understand your own personal DNA. Don’t do things because I do them or Steve Jobs or Mark Cuban tried it. You need to know your personal brand and stay true to it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
3. “A penguin cannot become a giraffe, so just be the best penguin you can be.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
4.“Nothing comes easy. You have to learn how to do things.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
5. “There is no sale without the story; no knockout without the setup.”
― Gary Vaynerchuk
6. “There’s no reason in 2014, to do shit you hate. NONE.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
7. “Developing your personal brand is key to monetizing your passion online.”
― Gary Vaynerchuk
8. “I failed all my classes and that’s why I’m winning. In hindsight, the fact that I was considered a failure for the first 18 years of my life has become the foundation of my success.”
― Gary Vaynerchuk
9. “You didn’t grow up driving…you figured it out.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
10. “Word of mouth works now, much more than ever. @-reply every single person.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
11. “I attract a crowd, not because I’m an extrovert or I’m over the top or I’m oozing with charisma. It’s because I care.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
12. “I’m just always looking forwards. I spend very little time, looking backwards” – Gary Vaynerchuk
13. “Brands mature over time, like a marriage. The bond you feel with your spouse is different than when you first met each other. Excitement and discovery are replaced by comfort and depth.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
14. “There no longer has to be a difference between who you are and what you do.”
― Gary Vaynerchuk
15. “Legacy is greater than currency.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
16. “All your ideas may be solid or even good .. But you have to Actually EXECUTE on them for them to matter.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
17. “No matter what you do, your job is to tell your story.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
18. “The truth is that finding happiness in what you do every day is so imperative.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
19. “Time – the one asset none of us are ever gonna get more of.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
20. “There is never a bad time to start a business – unless you want to start a mediocre one.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
21. “Effort is grossly underrated.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
22. “You need to spend all of your time and energy on creating something that actually brings value to the people you’re asking for money!” – Gary Vaynerchuk
23. “Know the philosophy, know the details, and ignore everything in the middle.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
24. “We are in control of the one asset that we all give the most f#%ks about, and that is time.”– Gary Vaynerchuk
25. “Whether you’re 9 or 90, stop trying to fix the things you’re bad at, and focus on the things you’re good at.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
26. “If you live for the weekends and vacations, your shit is broken.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
27. “It’s easy to dream about it … Much harder to execute it ….Work!” – Gary Vaynerchuk
28. “I hate how many people think “glass half-empty” when their glass is really four-fifths full. I’m grateful when I have one drop in the glass because I know exactly what to do with it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
29. “You can market your ass off, but if your product sucks, you’re dead.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
30. “We only get to play this game one time…one life.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
31. “Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read.” ― Gary Vaynerchuk
32. “The reason I was able to grow my business was that every day, after producing 30 minutes of wine television, I spent 15 hours a day replying to every single person’s e-mail and every single person’s Twitter @ reply.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
33. “People are chasing cash, not happiness. When you chase money, you’re going to lose. You’re just going to. Even if you get the money, you’re not going to be happy.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
34. “Skills are cheap. Passion is priceless.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
35. “Relationships are leverage. If you give value to someone else first, you have leverage.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
36. “Your legacy is being written by yourself. Make the right decisions.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
37. “When it all comes down to it, nothing trumps execution.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Hard Work & Patience
To finish this post, I’m leaving you with a Gary Vaynerchuck original. It’s hard-hitting, but it’s also inspirational. Gary Vaynerchuck indicates that most of us are playing the short game. While others are doing that, he’s putting in the hard work and playing the long game. It’s a game of hard work and patience.
What is the biggest learning or inspirational quote you’ve taken away from Gary Vaynerchuck? Leave a comment below.